Uniting Physicians and Patients
Through a grass roots effort, we advocate for physician-owned healthcare centers to ensure the integrity of the healthcare industry. We are uniting with physicians and healthcare facilities in order to protect the viability of the free market healthcare industry against, what many feel, are unethical actions taken by the insurance companies.
Patient Choice Coalition of Texas members is comprised of over 45 Ambulatory Surgery Centers, 12 Hospitals, 110 free-standing Emergency facilities, Infusion Centers and Diagnostic Laboratories. Over 3,000 Physicians and Surgeons are represented by PCCTX as well as numerous other Healthcare specialty facilities. Our members are located in Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, as well as many other towns and cities in Texas. Contact Dan Chepkauskas at (832) 877-0800 if you would like a membership application and more information.
Mission and Goal
The Mission of PCCTX is to proactively advocate, educate and lobby for patients’ concerns over their healthcare choices and access of physician owned healthcare facilities and defend the free market healthcare system. Our goal is to identify, implement or change existing legislation to promote the integrity of the healthcare industry, individual physicians and patients.
Issues Impacting ASCs, individual physicians and Patients
- Numerous proposed bills seeking to disallow physician ownership
- Seeking criminal prosecution for non-disclosure of healthcare facility investment
- Seeking heavy fines for referrals to out-of-network providers
- Reimbursement practices which subject patients and healthcare providers to extreme financial hardship
- Penalizing patients for utilizing out-of-network benefits